Openfire url cross-site scripting
|openfire-url-xss (46486)||Medium Risk|
Openfire is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login.jsp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the url parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Openfire (3.6.1 or later), available from the ignite realtime Web site. See References.
- Andreas Kurtz Security Advisory, AKADV2008-001: Openfire Server Multiple Vulnerabilities .
- ignite realtime Web site: Openfire Changelog 3.6.1 -- November 14, 2008.
- ignite realtime Web site: Openfire .
- BID-32189: Openfire Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-6510: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in login.jsp in the Admin Console in Openfire 3.6.0a and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the url parameter.
- GLSA-200904-01: Openfire: Multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 52902: Openfire Admin Console login.jsp url Parameter XSS
- SA32478: Openfire "AuthCheck" Filter Security Bypass Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-3061: Openfire Remote SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Gentoo Linux
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 2.2.2
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 2.3.0
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 2.3.0 Beta2
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 2.6.0
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 2.6.1
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 2.6.2
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.0.0
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.0.1
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.1.0
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.1.1
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.2.0
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.2.1
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.2.2
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.2.3
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.2.4
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.3.0
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.4.5
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.5.2
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.6.0
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.6.0a
Nov 07, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.