MODx snippet.reflect.php file include
|modx-snippetreflect-file-include (46797)||Medium Risk|
MODx could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the snippet.reflect.php script using the reflect_base parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of MODx (0.9.6.3 or later), available from the MODx Web site. See References.
- MODx Content Management System Web site: MODx Content Management System.
- MODx Web site: MODx 0.9.6.3 (rev 4565 - December 17, 2008).
- BID-32436: MODx CMS Cross Site Scripting and Remote File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-5938: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in assets/snippets/reflect/snippet.reflect.php in MODx CMS 0.9.6.2 and earlier, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the reflect_base parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 50394: MODx CMS assets/snippets/reflect/snippet.reflect.php reflect_base Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA32824: MODx CMS "reflect_base" File Inclusion Vulnerability
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.0
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.1
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.5
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.6
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.6.1
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.6.1 p1
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.6.2
Nov 23, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.