Wbstreet connect.inc database information disclosure
|wbstreet-database-information-disclosure (47074)||Low Risk|
Wbstreet could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by improper restrictions on the database file stored inside the Web root. By sending a direct request to the connect.inc script, a remote attacker could download the database file and obtain the password and other sensitive information, which could be used to launch further attacks against the affected system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Ohlanla Web site: Wbstreet.
- CVE-2008-5956: Wbstreet (aka PHPSTREET Webboard) 1.0 stores sensitive information under the web root with insufficient access control, which allows remote attackers to obtain database credentials via a direct request to connect.inc.
- OSVDB ID: 51579: Wbstreet connect.inc Direct Request Database Credentials Disclosure
- SA32994: Webboard Street SQL Injection and Information Disclosure
- Wbstreet Wbstreet 1.0
Dec 04, 2008
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.