IBM WebSphere Application Server WebContainer HTTP response splitting
|websphere-webcontainer-response-splitting (47199)||Low Risk|
WebSphere Application Server is vulnerable to HTTP response splitting, caused by improper validation of response headers by the WebContainer component when any Web-based applications are used. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unspecified attack vectors to have an unknown impact on the system.IBM3
Reported By: Alex Lauerman of FishNet Security
Apply Cumulative Fix 19 (22.214.171.124 or later) and then install Interim Fix APAR PK69929. See References.
- IBM Support & downloads: Fix list for WebSphere Application Server Version 5.1.1.
- BID-33700: IBM WebSphere Application Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-4283: CRLF injection vulnerability in the WebContainer component in IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 126.96.36.199 and earlier 5.1.x versions allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTTP headers and conduct HTTP response splitting attacks via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 53979: IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) WebContainer Component Unspecified CRLF Injection
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1.1
Jan 29, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.