CodeAvalanche FreeWallpaper CAFreeWallpaper.mdb information disclosure
|freewallpaper-cafreewallpaper-info-disc (47352)||Low Risk|
CodeAvalanche FreeWallpaper could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by improper restrictions on the CAFreeWallpaper.mdb stored inside the Web root. By sending a direct request, a remote attacker could download the database file and obtain the password and other sensitive information, which could be used to launch further attacks against the affected system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- CodeAvalanche Web page: FreeWallpaper.
- CVE-2008-5897: CodeAvalanche FreeWallpaper stores sensitive information under the web root with insufficient access control, which allows remote attackers to download the database file containing the administrator password via a direct request for _private/CAFreeWallpaper.mdb. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 51552: CodeAvalanche FreeWallpaper _private/CAFreeWallpaper.mdb Direct Request Admin Password Disclosure
- SA33100: CodeAvalanche FreeForum "CAForum.mdb" Database Disclosure
- CodeAvalanche FreeWallpaper
Dec 15, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.