Flatnux multiple cross-site scripting
|flatnux-multiple-xss (47369)||Medium Risk|
Flatnux is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the photo.php and index.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the mod, foto, or name parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Flatnux (2009-02-03 or later), available from the Flatnux Web site. See References.
- Flatnux Web site: Download.
- BID-32826: Flatnux 'index.php' HTML Injection Vulnerability
- BID-32828: Flatnux 'photo.php' Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-5761: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in FlatnuX CMS (aka Flatnuke3) 2008-12-11 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the mod parameter to the default URI; (2) the foto parameter to photo.php in the 05_Foto module; or (3) the name parameter in an insertrecord action to index.php in the 08_Files module, as demonstrated by injection within a SRC attribute of an IFRAME element.
- OSVDB ID: 50749: FlatnuX CMS sections/05_Foto/photo.php foto Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 51073: FlatnuX CMS URI mod Parameter XSS
- SA33175: FlatnuX CMS Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Flatnux Flatnux
Dec 14, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.