RSMScript verify.php security bypass
|rsmscript-verify-security-bypass (47451)||Medium Risk|
RSMScript could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper validation of authentication cookies by the verify.php script. By modifying the cookie parameter, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized administrative access to the vulnerable application.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Packet Storm Web Site: RSMScript version 1.21 suffers from insecure cookie handling and cross site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Shock Therapy Web site: Shock Therapy: RSMScript.
- BID-32886: RSMScript Cookie Authentication Bypass and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-6743: RSMScript 1.21 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and gain administrative privileges by setting the verified cookie to an arbitrary value and performing a direct request to (1) delete.php, (2) edit-submit.php, (3) edit.php, (4) submit.php, and (5) update.php, which bypasses the security check that is performed by verify.php.
- OSVDB ID: 50802: RSMScript verified Cookie Manipulation Admin Authentication Bypass
- SA33150: RSMScript Security Bypass and Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- Shock Therapy RSMScript 1.21
Dec 16, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.