SasCam Webcam Server ActiveX control buffer overflow
|sascam-webcamserver-bo (47654)||High Risk|
The SasCam Webcam Server ActiveX control is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument via the Get method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [07-03-2010]: SasCam WebCam Server v2.6.5 ActiveX SEH Overwrite.
- SasCam Webcam Server Web site: Web Design Saschart - Software and Web Building Solutions.
- BID-33053: SaschArt SasCam Webcam Server ActiveX Control 'Get' Method Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6898: Buffer overflow in the XHTTP Module 22.214.171.124 in the ActiveX control for SaschArt SasCam Webcam Server 2.6.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) or execute arbitrary code via a long argument to the Get method and other unspecified methods.
- OSVDB ID: 55945: SaschArt SasCam Webcam Server XHTTP Module ActiveX Get Method Remote Overflow
- Saschart SasCam Webcam Server ActiveX control 2.6.5
Dec 29, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.