Multiple Cisco ONS devices control card denial of service
|cisco-ons-controlcard-dos (47940)||Medium Risk|
Multiple Cisco ONS devices are vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by the improper handling of a steady stream of TCP traffic to the control cards. By establishing a connection to any open TCP port, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to reset the node's control card resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20090114-ons for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20090114-ons: Cisco ONS Platform Crafted Packet Vulnerability.
- BID-33261: Cisco ONS Control Card Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-3818: Cisco ONS 15310-CL, 15310-MA, 15327, 15454, 15454 SDH, and 15600 with software 7.0.2 through 7.0.6, 7.2.2, 8.0.x, 8.5.1, and 8.5.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (control-card reset) via a crafted TCP session.
- OSVDB ID: 51392: Cisco ONS Products Crafted TCP Stream Traffic Remote DoS
- SA33464: Cisco ONS Products Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1021592: Cisco ONS TCP Processing Flaw in Control Cards Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- Cisco ONS 15310-CL
- Cisco ONS 15310-MA
- Cisco ONS 15327
- Cisco ONS 15454
- Cisco ONS 15454SDH
- Cisco ONS 15600
Jan 14, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.