Easy Grid ActiveX control DoSaveFile() and DoSaveHtmlFile() method file overwrite
|easygrid-activex-dosavefile-file-overwrite (47946)||High Risk|
The Easy Grid ActiveX could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the DoSaveFile() or DoSaveHtmlFile() insecure method to overwrite or corrupt arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Easy Grid Control Web site: Grid control, grid ActiveX OCX component download.
- BID-33272: Easy Grid ActiveX Multiple Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-0134: Insecure method vulnerability in the EasyGrid.SGCtrl.32 ActiveX control in EasyGrid.ocx 220.127.116.11 in AAA EasyGrid ActiveX 3.51 allows remote attackers to create and overwrite arbitrary files via the (1) DoSaveFile or (2) DoSaveHtmlFile method. NOTE: vector 1 could be leveraged for code execution by creating executable files in Startup folders or by accessing files using hcp:// URLs. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 51370: AAA EasyGrid EasyGrid.SGCtrl.32 ActiveX (EasyGrid.ocx) Multiple Method Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA33537: AAA EasyGrid ActiveX Control "DoSaveFile()" Insecure Method
- Easy Grid Control Easy Grid ActiveX control 3.51
Jan 14, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.