53KF Web IM msg parameter cross-site scripting
|53kfwebim-msg-xss (48096)||Medium Risk|
53KF Web IM is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the msg parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- 53KF Web site: 53KF.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jan 18 2009 - 21:26:25 CST : 53KF Web IM 2009 Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities.
- BID-33341: 53KF Web IM 'msg' Parameter Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-0247: The server for 53KF Web IM 2009 Home, Professional, and Enterprise editions relies on client-side protection mechanisms against cross-site scripting (XSS), which allows remote attackers to conduct XSS attacks by using a modified client to send a crafted IM message, related to the msg variable.
- OSVDB ID: 53377: 53KF Web IM msg Parameter XSS
- 53KF 53KF Web IM Home
- 53KF 53KF Web IM Professional
- 53KF 53KF Web IM Enterprise
Jan 18, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.