TYPO3 Indexed Search Engine command execution
|typo3-indexedsearch-command-execution (48138)||High Risk|
TYPO3 could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by the improper validation of input passed to the Indexed Search Engine system extension prior to being used to call commands. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject and execute arbitrary commands on the system.
Refer to TYPO3-SA-2009-001 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- TYPO3-SA-2009-001: Multiple vulnerabilities in TYPO3 Core.
- BID-33376: TYPO3 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-0258: The Indexed Search Engine (indexed_search) system extension in TYPO3 4.0.0 through 4.0.9, 4.1.0 through 4.1.7, and 4.2.0 through 4.2.3 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via a crafted filename containing shell metacharacters, which is not properly handled by the command-line indexer.
- DSA-1711: typo3-src -- several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 51535: Indexed Search Engine System Extension for TYPO3 Unspecified Arbitrary Command Execution
- SA33617: Typo3 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Debian Debian Linux 4.0
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.1
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.2
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.4
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.5
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.6
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.7
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.8
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.0.9
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.1
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.1 rc1
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.1 beta
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.1.4
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.1.6
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.1.7
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.2.0
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.2.1
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.2.2
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.2.3
Jan 20, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.