EZ Reminder password.php cross-site scripting
|ezreminder-password-xss (48548)||Medium Risk|
EZ Reminder is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the password.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an unspecified parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Scripts For Sites Web site: Scripts, Reminder.
- BID-33641: EZ Reminder 'password.php' Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-0533: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in password.php in Scripts for Sites EZ Reminder allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors, possibly involving the u2 parameter. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 51960: EZ Reminder password.php Unspecified Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 52037: SFS EZ Reminder password.php u2 Parameter XSS
- SA33989: Scripts For Sites Products Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Scripts For Sites (SFS) EZ Reminder
Feb 05, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.