GeoVision LiveX ActiveX control file overwrite
|geovision-livex-activex-file-overwrite (48773)||Medium Risk|
The GeoVision LiveX ActiveX control (LIVEX_~1.OCX) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the PlayX() and SnapShotX() insecure methods to create and overwrite arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- GeoVision Web site: Digital Video Surveillance System V GeoVision Inc.
- BID-33782: GeoVision LiveX ActiveX Control 'SnapShotToFile()' Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-0865: Directory traversal vulnerability in the SnapShotToFile method in the GeoVision LiveX (aka LiveX_v8200) ActiveX control 8.1.2 and 8.2.0 in LIVEX_~1.OCX allows remote attackers to create or overwrite arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the argument, possibly involving the PlayX and SnapShotX methods.
- OSVDB ID: 52354: GeoVision LiveX ActiveX (LIVEX_~1.OCX) SnapShotToFile() Method Traversal Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA33969: GeoVision LiveX ActiveX Control "SnapShotToFile()" Insecure Method
- GeoVision LiveX ActiveX control 126.96.36.199
- GeoVision LiveX ActiveX control 188.8.131.52
- GeoVision LiveX ActiveX control 184.108.40.206
Feb 16, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.