GeoVision LiveAudio ActiveX control denial of service
|geovision-liveaudio-activex-dos (49238)||Medium Risk|
The GeoVision LiveAudio ActiveX Control (LIVEAUDIO.LiveAudioCtrl.1) could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a use-after-free vulnerability. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could use certain arguments to invoke the insecure GetAudioPlayingTime() method to execute arbitrary code on the system and cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- GeoVision Web site: Digital Video Surveillance System V GeoVision Inc.
- BID-34115: GeoVision LiveAudio ActiveX Control Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1092: Use-after-free vulnerability in the LIVEAUDIO.LiveAudioCtrl.1 ActiveX control in LIVEAU~1.OCX 7.0 for GeoVision DVR systems allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by calling the GetAudioPlayingTime method with certain arguments.
- OSVDB ID: 53077: GeoVision DVR LIVEAUDIO.LiveAudioCtrl.1 ActiveX (LIVEAU~1.OCX) GetAudioPlayingTime Method Arbitrary Code Execution
- GeoVision LiveAudio ActiveX control 7.0
Mar 13, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.