Sitecore CMS Web service information disclosure
|sitecore-web-service-info-disclosure (49298)||Low Risk|
Sitecore CMS could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by an error in the Web service. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unknown attack vectors related to SOAP and XML requests to obtain arbitrary user data from the security databases.
Upgrade to the latest version of Sitecore CMS (5.3.2 rev. 090212 or later), available from the Sitecore Web site. See References.
- Sitecore Web site: Release History (Sitecore CMS V5.3.2) - SDN5.
- BID-34162: Sitecore CMS Security Databases Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1055: Unspecified vulnerability in the web service in Sitecore CMS 5.3.1 rev. 071114 allows remote authenticated users to gain access to security databases, and obtain administrative and user credentials, via unknown vectors related to SOAP and XML requests.
- OSVDB ID: 52777: Sitecore CMS Web Service Security Database Information Disclosure
- SA34356: Sitecore CMS Web Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-0753: Sitecore CMS Web Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- Sitecore Sitecore CMS 5.3.1 rev. 071114
Feb 20, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.