Sysax Multi Server FTP DELE directory traversal
|sysax-ftpdele-directory-traversal (49360)||Medium Risk|
Sysax Multi Server could allow a remote authenticated attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted FTP DELE request containing "dot dot double slash" sequences (..//) to traverse directories and read, modify, or delete arbitrary files from the system.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Sysax Web site: Secure ftp server, ftp client, and ftp script.
- BID-34209: Sysax Multi Server FTP 'DELE' Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4790: Multiple directory traversal vulnerabilities in Sysax Multi Server 4.5 allow remote authenticated users to read or modify arbitrary files via crafted FTP commands. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- CVE-2009-4800: Directory traversal vulnerability in Sysax Multi Server 4.3 and 4.5 allows remote authenticated users to delete arbitrary files via a ..// (dot dot slash slash) in a DELE command.
- OSVDB ID: 52959: Sysax Multi Server FTP DELE Request Handling Traversal Arbitrary File Deletion
- SA34433: Sysax Multi Server FTP Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Sysax Multi Server 4.3
Mar 23, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.