Sun OpenSolaris mdb code execution
|opensolaris-mdb-code-execution (49468)||High Risk|
Sun OpenSolaris could allow a local attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an error in zone implementation. By attaching an mdb process within the global zone to a non-global zone process, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system with privileges of the victim.
Refer to Sun Alert ID: 255608 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Sun Alert ID: 255608: A Security Vulnerability in OpenSolaris may Allow a Privileged User Inside a non-global Zone to Execute Arbitrary Code Within a Global Zone .
- BID-34272: OpenSolaris Module Debugger Process Cross Zone Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1170: Unspecified vulnerability in Sun OpenSolaris snv_100 through snv_101 allows local users, with privileges in a non-global zone, to execute arbitrary code in the global zone when a global-zone user is using mdb on a non-global zone process.
- OSVDB ID: 53580: OpenSolaris Non-global Zone MDB Handling Local Privilege Escalation
- SECTRACK ID: 1021944: Solaris 'mdb' Process Bug Lets Local Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-0877: Sun OpenSolaris mdb Process Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- Sun OpenSolaris build_snv_100 x86
- Sun OpenSolaris build_snv_100 SPARC
- Sun OpenSolaris build_snv_101 x86
- Sun OpenSolaris build_snv_101 SPARC
Mar 26, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.