Mozilla Firefox XML denial of service
|firefox-xml-dos (49521)||Medium Risk|
Mozilla Firefox is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by the improper parsing of XML documents. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted XML document containing an overly large number of nested elements, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the browser to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Bugzilla@Mozilla ¿ Bug 485941: Possible XML XUL parser memory corruption (DoS).
- Mozilla Web site: Mozilla Firefox.
- BID-34522: Mozilla Firefox XUL Parser Start Tags Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1232: Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8 and earlier 3.0.x versions allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) via an XML document composed of a long series of start-tags with no corresponding end-tags. NOTE: it was later reported that 3.0.10 and earlier are also affected.
- OSVDB ID: 53230: Mozilla Firefox XUL Parser XML Document Handling Memory Corruption DoS
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.2
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.4
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.5
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7
Mar 30, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.