Cisco ASA 5520 WebVPN cross-site scripting
|asa5520-webvpn-xss (49528)||Medium Risk|
Cisco ASA 5520 is vulnerable to cross-site scripting in the WebVPN clientless mode feature, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.html page. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability via the Host HTTP header to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Mar 31 2009 - 05:17:54 CDT : Cisco ASA5520 Web VPN Host Header XSS.
- Cisco Web site: Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security.
- BID-34307: Cisco ASA Appliance WebVPN Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1220: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in +webvpn+/index.html in WebVPN on the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) 5520 with software 7.2(4)30 and earlier 7.2 versions including 7.2(2)22, and 8.0(4)28 and earlier 8.0 versions, when clientless mode is enabled, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the Host HTTP header.
- OSVDB ID: 53147: Cisco ASA5520 WebVPN /+webvpn+/index.html Host HTTP Header XSS
- SECTRACK ID: 1022122: Cisco ASA Input Validation Flaw in Clientless SSL VPN Feature Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-1169: Cisco ASA WebVPN Clientless Mode Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Cisco ASA 5520
- Cisco IOS 7.2(2)22
Mar 31, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.