Autodesk IDrop ActiveX control buffer overflow
|idrop-activex-bo (49642)||High Risk|
The Autodesk IDrop ActiveX control (IDrop.ocx) is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes overly long arguments to the Src, Background, and PackageXml properties, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Autodesk Web site: Autodesk - AutoCAD Services & Support - i-drop Indicato.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Thu Apr 02 2009 - 14:00:06 CDT : Autodesk IDrop ActiveX Control Heap Corruption Vulnerability.
- BID-34352: Autodesk IDrop ActiveX Control 'IDrop.ocx' Multiple Heap Memory Corruption Vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 53265: Autodesk I-drop Indicator idrop.idrop.2 ActiveX (IDrop.ocx) Multiple Property Memory Corruption
- SA34563: Autodesk I-drop Indicator ActiveX Control Memory Corruption
- SECTRACK ID: 1021969: Autodesk i-drop ActiveX Control Heap Corruption Bugs Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- Autodesk IDrop 22.214.171.124
Apr 02, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.