ActiveKB loadpanel.php file include
|activekb-loadpanel-file-include (49646)||Medium Risk|
ActiveKB could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the loadpanel.php script using the Panel parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of ActiveKB (4.5.1 or later), available from the Interspire Web site. See References.
- Interspire Web site: Knowledge Base Software, Knowledge Management Software and Enterprise-Grade Wiki Software.
- BID-34362: ActiveKB 'Panel' Parameter Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4957: Directory traversal vulnerability in loadpanel.php in Interspire ActiveKB allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files and possibly have unspecified other impact via directory traversal sequences in the Panel parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 53363: Interspire Knowledge Manager loadpanel.php Panel Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA34579: Interspire Knowledge Manager "Panel" Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Interspire ActiveKB
Apr 03, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this