Messaging component for Joomla! index.php file include
|messaging-index-file-include (49650)||Medium Risk|
The Messaging component for Joomla! could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the index.php script using the controller parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of the Messaging component (1.5.1 or later), available from the Messaging component Web page. See References.
- Messaging component Web page: Messaging component.
- BID-34365: The Tricky.net Joomla! Messaging Component 'controller' Parameter Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4946: Directory traversal vulnerability in the Messaging (com_messaging) component before 1.5.1 for Joomla! allows remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via directory traversal sequences in the controller parameter in a messages action to index.php. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 53195: Messaging Component for Joomla! index.php controller Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA34562: Joomla Messaging Component "controller" Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Joomla! Joomla!
- Joomla! Messaging component 1.5.0
Apr 03, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this