Video Converter Wizard .cue file buffer overflow
|videoconverterwizard-cue-bo (49807)||High Risk|
Video Converter Wizard is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when parsing malicious .cue files. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .cue playlist file containing an overly long entry, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- XiliSoft Video Converter Web site: XiliSoft Video Converter.
- BID-34472: Xilisoft Video Converter Wizard '.CUE' File Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1370: Stack-based buffer overflow in ape_plugin.plg in Xilisoft Video Converter 3.1.53.0704n and 5.1.23.0402 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a long string in a .cue file.
- OSVDB ID: 53595: Video Converter ape_plugin.plg CUE File Handling Overflow
- SA34660: Xilisoft Video Converter CUE File Parsing Vulnerability
- Xilisoft Video Converter Wizard 3.1.53.0704n
- Xilisoft Video Converter Wizard 5.1.23.0402
Apr 10, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.