ASX to MP3 Converter .M3U buffer overflow
|asxmp3-m3u-bo (49840)||High Risk|
ASX to MP3 Converter is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when parsing malicious .M3U files. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .M3U file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Mini-stream Web site: ASX to MP3 Converter.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [08-02-2010]: Mini-stream RM-MP3 Converter/WMDownloader/ASX to MP3 Converter Stack Buffer Overflow Exploit.
- BID-34494: Multiple Mini-stream Software Products '.m3u' File Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1324: Stack-based buffer overflow in Mini-stream ASX to MP3 Converter 22.214.171.124 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long URI in a playlist (.m3u) file.
- OSVDB ID: 55357: Mini-stream ASX to MP3 Converter Playlist (.m3u) URI Handling Overflow
- SA34681: Mini-stream ASX to MP3 Converter Playlist Processing Buffer Overflow
- Mini-stream ASX to MP3 Converter
Apr 13, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this