HP Deskjet 6840 refresh_rate.htm cross-site scripting
|deskjet-refreshrate-xss (49850)||Medium Risk|
HP Deskjet 6840 is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by refresh_rate.htm. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a POST request to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Apr 11 2009 - 10:26:13 CDT : HP Deskjet 6800 XSS in Web Interface.
- HP Web site: HP Deskjet 6840 Printer series .
- BID-34480: HP Deskjet 6840 'refresh_rate.htm' Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1333: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in refresh_rate.htm in the web interface on the HP Deskjet 6840 printer with firmware XF1M131A allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the POST request body.
- OSVDB ID: 53769: HP Deskjet 6840 refresh_rate.htm POST Request Error Page XSS
- SA34702: HP Deskjet 6800 refresh_rate.htm Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- HP Deskjet 6840 XF1M131A
Apr 11, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.