Enhanced CTorrent and DTorrent btFiles::BuildFromMI() buffer overflow
|ctorrent-btfiles-bo (49959)||High Risk|
Enhanced CTorrent and DTorrent are vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the btFiles::BuildFromMI() function. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted torrent file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Enhanced CTorrent.
- SourceForge.net: Enhanced DTorrent.
- BID-34584: cTorrent and dTorrent Torrent File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1759: Stack-based buffer overflow in the btFiles::BuildFromMI function (trunk/btfiles.cpp) in Enhanced CTorrent (aka dTorrent) 3.3.2 and probably earlier, and CTorrent 1.3.4, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a Torrent file containing a long path.
- DSA-1817: ctorrent -- stack-based buffer overflow
- OSVDB ID: 53943: Enhanced CTorrent btfiles.cpp btFiles::BuildFromMI() Function Overflow
- SA34752: Enhanced CTorrent / dtorrent "btFiles::BuildFromMI()" Buffer Overflow
- Debian Debian Linux 5.0
- Enhanced CTorrent Enhanced CTorrent 1.3.4
- Enhanced DTorrent Enhanced DTorrent 3.3.2
Apr 17, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this