aMule DownloadListCtrl.cpp mplayer command execution
|amule-downloadlistctrl-command-execution (50205)||High Risk|
aMule could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary mplayer commands, caused by an incomplete blacklist vulnerability in DownloadListCtrl.cpp. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted movie file, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject and execute arbitrary mplayer commands.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- aMule Web site: Welcome to aMule, the all-platform eMule-like P2P client.
- Debian Bug report logs - #525078: insufficient path escaping when opening fies.
- BID-34683: aMule 'wxExecute()' Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1440: Incomplete blacklist vulnerability in DownloadListCtrl.cpp in amule 2.2.4 allows remote attackers to conduct argument injection attacks into a command for mplayer via a crafted filename.
- DSA-1821: amule -- insufficient input sanitising
- GLSA-200909-06: aMule: Parameter injection
- OSVDB ID: 54179: aMule mplayer Video Preview Filename Arbitrary Parameter Injection
- SA34839: aMule Video Preview Arbitrary Parameter Injection Security Issue
- aMule aMule 2.2.4
- Debian Debian Linux 5.0
- Gentoo Linux
Apr 22, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.