Linksys WVC54GCA next_file cross-site scripting
|wvc54gca-nextfile-xss (50224)||Medium Risk|
Linksys WVC54GCA is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the img/main.cgi, main.cgi, and adm/file.cgi scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the next_file parameter or the this_file parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- GNUCITIZEN Blog, April 25th, 2009: Hacking Linksys IP Cameras (pt 4).
- Linksys Web site: WVC54GCA Wireless-G Internet Home Monitoring Camera.
- BID-34714: Linksys WVC54GCA Wireless-G Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-1557: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities on the Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA wireless video camera with firmware 1.00R22 and 1.00R24 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the next_file parameter to (1) main.cgi, (2) img/main.cgi, or (3) adm/file.cgi; or (4) the this_file parameter to adm/file.cgi.
- OSVDB ID: 54209: Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA IP Camera main.cgi next_file Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 54210: Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA IP Camera /adm/file.cgi Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA34767: Linksys WVC54GCA Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-1173: Linkys WVC54GCA Security Bypass and Information Disclosure
- Linksys WVC54GCA 1.00R22
- Linksys WVC54GCA 1.00R24
Apr 25, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.