Linksys WVC54GCA /adm/file.cgi directory traversal
|wvc54gca-admfile-dir-traversal (50231)||Medium Risk|
Linksys WVC54GCA could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the /adm/file.cgi script containing URL-encoded "dot dot" sequences (%2f%2e.%2f) in the next_file parameter to view arbitrary files on the device.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- GNUCITIZEN Blog, April 23th, 2009: Hacking Linksys IP Cameras (pt 3).
- Linksys Web site: WVC54GCA Wireless-G Internet Home Monitoring Camera.
- BID-34713: Linksys WVC54GCA Wireless-G 'adm/file.cgi' Multiple Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-1558: Directory traversal vulnerability in adm/file.cgi on the Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA wireless video camera with firmware 1.00R22 and 1.00R24 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a %2e. (encoded dot dot) or an absolute pathname in the next_file parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 55134: Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA IP Camera adm/file.cgi Multiple Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-1173: Linkys WVC54GCA Security Bypass and Information Disclosure
- Linksys WVC54GCA 1.00R22
- Linksys WVC54GCA 1.00R24
Apr 23, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.