Quagga autonomous system number denial of service
|quagga-systemnumber-dos (50317)||Medium Risk|
Quagga is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the autonomous system numbering. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerabilty to cause the process to crash.
Denial of Service
Apply the patch for this vulnerability ([PATCH] BGP 4-byte ASN bug fixes), as listed in the quagga-dev Mailing List dated 2009-02-03 7:34:37. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Quagga Web site: Quagga Software Routing Suite.
- quagga-dev Mailing List, 2009-02-03 7:34:37: [PATCH] BGP 4-byte ASN bug fixes.
- BID-34817: Quagga Autonomous System Number Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1572: The BGP daemon (bgpd) in Quagga 0.99.11 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an AS path containing ASN elements whose string representation is longer than expected, which triggers an assert error.
- DSA-1788: quagga -- improper assertion
- MDVSA-2009:109: quagga
- OSVDB ID: 54200: Quagga bgpd/bgp_aspath.c bgpd Service 4-byte ASN Data Handling Remote DoS
- SECTRACK ID: 1022164: Quagga Bug in Processing Certain 4-Byte ASN Data Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- SUSE-SR:2009:012: SUSE Security Summary Report
- USN-775-1: Quagga vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
- Canonical Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
- Canonical Ubuntu 8.10
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0 X86_64
- Quagga Quagga 0.99.11
Feb 03, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this