Multiple F-Secure products RAR and ZIP security bypass
|fsecure-rar-zip-security-bypass (50346)||Medium Risk|
Multiple F-Secure products could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by a vulnerability in the file parsing engine. By sending a specially-crafted RAR or ZIP file to a vulnerable system, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass scanning detection and possibly launch further attacks on the vulnerable system.
Refer to Security Advisory FSC-2009-1 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Security Advisory FSC-2009-1: ZIP and RAR archive evasion vulnerability.
- BID-34849: Multiple F-Secure Products RAR/ZIP Files Scan Evasion Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1782: Multiple F-Secure anti-virus products, including Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange 7.10 and earlier; Internet Gatekeeper for Windows 6.61 and earlier, Windows 6.61 and earlier, and Linux 2.16 and earlier; Internet Security 2009 and earlier, Anti-Virus 2009 and earlier, Client Security 8.0 and earlier, and others; allow remote attackers to bypass malware detection via a crafted (1) ZIP and (2) RAR archive.
- OSVDB ID: 54685: F-Secure Multiple Products ZIP Archive Scanning Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 54686: F-Secure Multiple Products RAR Archive Scanning Bypass
- SA35008: F-Secure Products ZIP and RAR Archives Security Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1022170: F-Secure Anti-Virus May Fail to Scan Certain ZIP and RAR Archives
- SECTRACK ID: 1022171: F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper May Fail to Scan Certain ZIP and RAR Archives
- SECTRACK ID: 1022172: F-Secure Internet Security May Fail to Scan Certain ZIP and RAR Archives
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 2009
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 4.65 Linux Servers
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 5.54 Inux Client Security
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 5.54 Linux Server Security
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 5.61 Mime Sweeper
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 6.62 Microsoft Exchange
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 7.0 Microsoft Exchange
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 7.00 Citrix Servers
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 7.10 Microsoft Exchange
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 8.0 Workstations
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 8.00 Windows Server
- F-Secure Client Security 8.0
- F-Secure Home Server Security 2009
- F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper 2.16 Linux
- F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper 3.01 Linux Japanese
- F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper 6.61 Windows
- F-Secure Internet Security 2009
- F-Secure Linux Security 7.01
- F-Secure Linux Security 7.02
May 06, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.