Linksys WVC54GCA pass_wd.htm and Wsecurity.htm information disclosure
|wvc54gca-pass-wsecurity-info-disclosure (50410)||Low Risk|
Linksys WVC54GCA could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the storing of passwords and wireless-network keys in cleartext within pass_wd.htm and Wsecurity.htm. By reading the HTML source code, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- GNUCITIZEN Blog, April 25th, 2009: Hacking Linksys IP Cameras (pt 4).
- Linksys Web site: WVC54GCA Wireless-G Internet Home Monitoring Camera.
- CVE-2009-1560: The Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA wireless video camera with firmware 1.00R22 and 1.00R24 stores passwords and wireless-network keys in cleartext in (1) pass_wd.htm and (2) Wsecurity.htm, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information by reading the HTML source code.
- OSVDB ID: 56397: Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA IP Camera pass_wd.htm Cleartext Password / Keys Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 56398: Cisco Linksys WVC54GCA IP Camera Wsecurity.htm Cleartext Password / Keys Disclosure
- Linksys WVC54GCA 1.00R22
- Linksys WVC54GCA 1.00R24
Apr 25, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.