Dafolo DafoloControl ActiveX control baseurl buffer overflow
|dafolo-baseurl-bo (50420)||High Risk|
The Dafolo DafoloControl ActiveX control (DafoloFFControl.dll) is vulnerable to a heap-based or stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long string to the baseurl method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Dafolo Web site: Dafolo A/S - Diaform.
- BID-34900: Dafolo DafoloControl ActiveX Control Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-1606: Multiple stack-based and heap-based buffer overflows in Dafolo DafoloControl ActiveX control (DafoloFFControl.dll) 184.108.40.206 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via long (1) baseurl, (2) kommune, (3) felter, (4) afdeling, (5) Flags, (6) HelpURL, (7) caburl, or (8) filename properties; or (9) a long argument to the Open method. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- SA35017: Dafolo DafoloControl ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Dafolo DafoloControl 220.127.116.11
May 11, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.