Multiple F-PROT products CAB security bypass
|fprot-cab-security-bypass (50427)||Medium Risk|
Multiple F-PROT products could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by a vulnerability in the file parsing engine. By sending a specially-crafted CAB file to a vulnerable system, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass scanning detection and possibly launch further attacks on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- F-PROT Antivirus Web site: F-PROT antivirus.
- Secdev - Thierry Zoller Blog: Advisory : F-Prot (Frisk) - CAB bypass / evasions:.
- BID-34896: Multiple F-PROT Products CAB File Scan Evasion Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1783: Multiple FRISK Software F-Prot anti-virus products, including Antivirus for Exchange, Linux on IBM zSeries, Linux x86 File Servers, Linux x86 Mail Servers, Linux x86 Workstations, Solaris Mail Servers, Antivirus for Windows, and others, allow remote attackers to bypass malware detection via a crafted CAB archive.
- OSVDB ID: 54717: Frisk F-PROT Multiple Products CAB Archive Scanning Bypass
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Exchange
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Linux on IBM zSeries
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Linux x86 File Servers
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Linux x86 Mail Servers
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Linux x86 Workstations
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Solaris Mail Servers
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Windows
- F-PROT F-Prot Antivirus for Windows Mail Servers
- F-PROT F-PROT AVES
- F-PROT F-PROT Milter
May 08, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.