Bitweaver saveFeed() function code execution
|bitweaver-savefeed-code-execution (50631)||High Risk|
Bitweaver could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by improper validation by the feedcreator.class.php script. By placing PHP sequences into the account "display name" setting and invoking boards_rss.php, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability via the HTTP Host header to inject and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Bitweaver Web site: welcome to bitweaver.org.
- BID-34910: Bitweaver Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-1677: Multiple static code injection vulnerabilities in the saveFeed function in rss/feedcreator.class.php in Bitweaver 2.6 and earlier allow (1) remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary PHP code into files by placing PHP sequences into the account's display name setting and then invoking boards/boards_rss.php, and might allow (2) remote attackers to inject arbitrary PHP code into files via the HTTP Host header in a request to boards/boards_rss.php.
- OSVDB ID: 54618: bitweaver rss/feedcreator.class.php saveFeed Function Arbitrary PHP Code Injection
- SA35057: Bitweaver "version" Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 1.1
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 1.1.1 Beta
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 1.2.1
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 1.3
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 1.3.1
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 2.0.0
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 2.0.2
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 2.5
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 2.6
May 12, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.