Microsoft Windows Knowledge Base Article 970238 update is not installed
|win-ms09kb970238-update (50798)||High Risk|
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 970238 is not installed, which could allow a remote attacker to exploit the following vulnerabilities:
Microsoft Windows could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by the improper updating of the internal state. By sending a specially-crafted RPC message that allows the reading of a pointer from an incorrect location, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system with elevated privileges.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS09-026. See References.
- IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force Database: Microsoft Windows RPC Marshalling Engine code execution.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS09-026: Vulnerability in RPC Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (970238).
- CVE-2009-0568: The RPC Marshalling Engine (aka NDR) in Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4, XP SP2 and SP3, Server 2003 SP2, Vista Gold, SP1, and SP2, and Server 2008 SP2 does not properly maintain its internal state, which allows remote attackers to overwrite arbitrary memory locations via a crafted RPC message that triggers incorrect pointer reading, related to IDL interfaces containing a non-conformant varying array and FC_SMVARRAY, FC_LGVARRAY, FC_VARIABLE_REPEAT, and FC_VARIABLE_OFFSET, aka RPC Marshalling Engine Vulnerability.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2 Itanium
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 Itanium
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 x32
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Itanium
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x32
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1
- Microsoft Windows Vista x64
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 x64
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 x64
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 x64 Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3
Jun 09, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this