Rasterbar Software libtorrent path element directory traverasl
|libtorrent-path-element-dir-traversal (51008)||Medium Risk|
Rasterbar Software libtorrent could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system, caused by improper validation of path elements extracted in Multiple File Mode. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .torrent file containing directory traversal sequences, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to traverse directories and create or overwrite arbitrary files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Rasterbar Software libtorrent (0.14.4 or later), available from SourceForge.net: Files. See References.
For Deluge: Upgrade to the latest version of Deluge (1.1.9 or later), available from the Deluge Web site. See References.
- census-2009-0002: c e n s u s : Rasterbar libtorrent arbitrary file overwrite vulnerability.
- Deluge Web site: ReleaseNotes/1.1.9 ¿ Deluge.
- SourceForge.net: Files: libtorrent, File Release Notes and Changelog, Release Name: libtorrent-0.14.4.
- BID-35262: Rasterbar Software libtorrent Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-1760: Directory traversal vulnerability in src/torrent_info.cpp in Rasterbar libtorrent before 0.14.4, as used in firetorrent, qBittorrent, deluge Torrent, and other applications, allows remote attackers to create or overwrite arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) and partial relative pathname in a Multiple File Mode list element in a .torrent file.
- DSA-1815: libtorrent-rasterbar -- programming error
- OSVDB ID: 55070: Rasterbar libtorrent src/torrent_info.cpp Multiple File Mode List Element Traversal Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA35277: Rasterbar Software libtorrent Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- SA35616: Deluge libtorrent Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Debian Debian Linux 5.0
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.0
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.1
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.2
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.3
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.4
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.5
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.6
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.7
- Deluge Deluge 1.1.8
- Rasterbar Software libtorrent 0.12
- Rasterbar Software libtorrent 0.12.1
- Rasterbar Software libtorrent 0.14.3
Jun 08, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.