Pivot pivot/index.php and pivot/user.php cross-site scripting
|pivot-index-user-xss (51098)||Medium Risk|
Pivot is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the pivot/index.php and pivot/user.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various parameters and/or actions in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Pivot Web site: Pivot.
- BID-35363: Pivot Multiple Cross Site Scripting And HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-2133: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Pivot 1.40.4 and 1.40.7 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) menu or (2) sort parameter to pivot/index.php, (3) the value of a check array parameter in a delete action to pivot/index.php, (4) the element name in a check array parameter in a delete action to pivot/index.php, (5) the edituser parameter in an edituser action to pivot/index.php, (6) the edit parameter in a templates action to pivot/index.php, (7) the blog parameter in a blog_edit1 action to pivot/index.php, (8) the cat parameter in a cat_edit action to pivot/index.php, (9) a certain form field in a doaction=1 request to pivot/index.php, (10) the url field in a my_weblog edit_prefs action to pivot/user.php, or (11) the username (aka name
- OSVDB ID: 55085: Pivot pivot/index.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 55086: Pivot Visitor Registration user.php Multiple Function XSS
- SA35363: Pivot Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Pivot Pivot 1.40.4
- Pivot Pivot 1.40.7
Jun 12, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.