DB Top Sites index.php file include
|dbtopsites-index-file-include (51120)||Medium Risk|
Description:DB Top Sites could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the full.php, contact.php and index.php scripts using the the "u" parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Softpedia Web site: DB Top Sites.
- CVE-2009-2110: Multiple directory traversal vulnerabilities in DB Top Sites 1.0, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allow remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via a .. (dot dot) in the u parameter to (1) full.php, (2) index.php, and (3) contact.php.
- OSVDB ID: 55116: DB Top Sites full.php u Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 55117: DB Top Sites index.php u Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 55118: DB Top Sites contact.php u Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA35419: DB Top Sites Multiple Vulnerabilities
- JNM Solutions DB Top Sites 1.0
Jun 15, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this