TorrentTrader account-recover.php weak security
|torrenttrader-accountrecover-weak-security (51150)||Low Risk|
TorrentTrader could provide weaker than expected security, caused by a weak password hash algorithm in the account-recover.php script. A remote attacker with knowledge of the victim's email address could exploit this vulnerability using brute force techniques to recover valid passwords which could be used to gain unauthorized access to the system.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- TorrentTrader Web site: TorrentTrader.
- [waraxe-2009-SA#074]: Multiple Vulnerabilities in TorrentTrader Classic 1.09.
- BID-35369: TorrentTrader Classic Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-2158: account-recover.php in TorrentTrader Classic 1.09 chooses random passwords from an insufficiently large set, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain a password via a brute-force attack.
- OSVDB ID: 55339: TorrentTrader Classic account-recover.php Random Password Assignment Weakness
- SA35456: TorrentTrader Classic Multiple Vulnerabilities
- TorrentTrader TorrentTrader 1.03 Classic
- TorrentTrader TorrentTrader 1.04 Classic
- TorrentTrader TorrentTrader 1.06 Classic
- TorrentTrader TorrentTrader 1.07 Classic
- TorrentTrader TorrentTrader 1.08 Classic
- TorrentTrader TorrentTrader 1.09 Classic
Jun 15, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.