Mozilla Firefox nsViewManager.cpp denial of service
|firefox-nsviewmanager-dos (51197)||Medium Risk|
Mozilla Firefox is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a NULL pointer dereference in the nsViewManager.cpp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerabilty using attck vectors related to interaction with TinyMCE to cause the application to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox (3.0.11 or later), available from the Mozilla Web site. See References.
- Bugzilla@Mozilla ¿ Bug 490425: firefox crashes .
- Mozilla Web site: Firefox.
- BID-35413: Mozilla Firefox 'nsViewManager.cpp' Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-2043: nsViewManager.cpp in Mozilla Firefox 3.0.2 through 3.0.10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and application crash) via vectors related to interaction with TinyMCE.
- MDVSA-2009:134: firefox
- OSVDB ID: 55197: Mozilla Firefox nsViewManager.cpp TinyMCE Interaction Remote DoS
- Mandriva Linux 2009.0
- Mandriva Linux 2009.0 X86_64
- Mandriva Linux 2009.1
- Mandriva Linux 2009.1 X86_64
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.2
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.4
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.5
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.9
Jun 11, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.