fuzzylime (cms) display.php file overwrite
|fuzzylimecms-display-file-overwrite (51206)||Medium Risk|
fuzzylime (cms) could allow a local attacker to overwrite arbitrary files, caused by improper validation by the display.php file. If magic_quotes is disabled, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the "s" parameter to overwrite arbitrary files on the vulnerable system with the privileges of the Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of fuzzylime (cms) (3.03b or later), available from the fuzzylime (cms) Web site. See References.
- fuzzylime (cms) Web page: download.
- BID-35418: fuzzylime (cms) Multiple Local File Include and Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-2177: code/display.php in fuzzylime (cms) 3.03a and earlier, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote attackers to conduct directory traversal attacks and overwrite arbitrary files via a ....// (dot dot) in the s parameter, which is collapsed into a ../ value.
- OSVDB ID: 55184: fuzzylime (cms) code/display.php s Parameter Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA35489: fuzzylime (cms) File Inclusion and File Overwrite Vulnerabilities
- Fuzzylime Fuzzylime CMS 3.03a
Jun 17, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.