Zen Cart record_company.php code execution
|zencart-recordcompany-code-execution (51316)||High Risk|
Zen Cart could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by improper validation by the record_company.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the frmdt_content parameter of the record_company_image array to execute arbitrary code on the system.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (security_patch_v138_20090619.zip), available from Zen Cart Support Web site. See References.
- Zen Cart Support Web site: Security Announcement -- security_patch_v138_20090619.zip.
- Zen Cart Web site: shopping cart software | Zen Cart Ecommerce Solution.
- BID-35467: Zen Cart 'record_company.php' Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-2255: Zen Cart 1.3.8a, 1.3.8, and earlier does not require administrative authentication for admin/record_company.php, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by uploading a .php file via the record_company_image parameter in conjunction with a PATH_INFO of password_forgotten.php, then accessing this file via a direct request to the file in images/.
- OSVDB ID: 55344: Zen Cart admin/record_company.php frmdt_content Parameter Arbitrary PHP Code Execution
- SA35550: Zen Cart Administration Security Bypass Vulnerability
- Zen Cart Zen Cart 1.3.8
Jun 23, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.