Tor router descriptors denial of service
|tor-router-descriptors-dos (51376)||Medium Risk|
Tor is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error when parsing malicious router descriptors. By sending specially-crafted router descriptors, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the application to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Tor (0.2.0.35 or later), available from the Tor Web site. See References.
- or-announce Mailing List, Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:24:02 -0400: Tor 0.2.0.35 is released.
- Tor Web site: Tor: anonymity online.
- BID-35505: Tor Denial of Service and DNS Spoofing Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-2425: Tor before 0.2.0.35 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a malformed router descriptor.
- OSVDB ID: 55340: Tor Malformed Descriptor Handling DoS
- SA35546: Tor DNS Spoofing and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-1716: Tor Remote Denial of Service and DNS Spoofing Vulnerabilities
- Tor Tor 0.1.1.20
- Tor Tor 0.1.1.23
- Tor Tor 0.1.2.1 Alpha-cvs
- Tor Tor 0.1.2.14
- Tor Tor 0.1.2.15
- Tor Tor 0.1.2.16
- Tor Tor 0.2.0.31
- Tor Tor 0.2.0.32
- Tor Tor 0.2.0.33
- Tor Tor 0.2.0.34
- Tor Tor 0.2.0.35
Jun 25, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.