osTicket username SQL injection
|osticket-username-sql-injection (51417)||Medium Risk|
osTicket is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the class.staff.php and class.config.php scripts using the username parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
osTicket customers should contact osTicket support for upgrade or patch information. See References.
- osTicket Forum/Project Tools/osTicket Security Advisory/SVA, 06-26-2009 10:53 AM : osTicket SVA-2009-624.
- osTicket Web site: osTicket:: Open Source Support Ticket System.
- BID-35516: osTicket Staff Username SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-2361: SQL injection vulnerability in include/class.staff.php in osTicket before 1.6 RC5 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the staff username parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 55472: osTicket include/class.staff.php Staff Username Parameter SQL Injection
- SA35629: osTicket Administrator Login SQL Injection Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1022480: osTicket Staff Username Input Validation Flaw Lets Remote Users Inject SQL Commands
- osticket.com osTicket 1.6 RC1
- osticket.com osTicket 1.6 RC4
- osticket.com osTicket 1.6 RC3
- osticket.com osTicket 1.6 RC2
Jun 29, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.