Multiple OtsAv products .olf file buffer overflow
|otsav-multiple-olf-bo (51628)||High Risk|
Multiple OtsAv products, including DJ, TV, and Radio, are vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when processing .olf playlist files. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .olf playlist file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Ots Labs Web site: OtsAV Products.
- BID-43451: otsAV '.ofl' File Remote Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-3812: Heap-based buffer overflow in OtsAV DJ trial version 188.8.131.52, Radio trial version 184.108.40.206, TV trial version 220.127.116.11, and Free version 1.77.001 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long playlist in an Ots File List (.ofl) file.
- OSVDB ID: 55747: OtsAV Multiple Products OFL File Handling Overflow
- SA35738: OtsAV Products Ots File List Processing Buffer Overflow
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-1861: OtsAv DJ/TV/Radio Playlist File Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Ots Labs OtsAV DJ 18.104.22.168 Trial
- Ots Labs OtsAV Radio 22.214.171.124 Trial
- Ots Labs OtsAV TV 126.96.36.199 Trial
Jul 10, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.