Armed Assault VoIP over Network (VON) denial of service
|armed-assault-von-dos (51820)||Medium Risk|
Armed Assault and Armed Assault 2 are vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by the improper handling of VoIP over Network (VON) protocol packets. By sending specially-crafted voice packets containing a negative packet_size value to UDP port 2305, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the application to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- Bohemia Interactive Web site: Bohemia Interactive.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisories, 18 Jul 2009: Negative memcpy in Armed Assault 1.14 and ArmA 2 1.02.
- CVE-2009-2547: Integer underflow in Armed Assault (aka ArmA) 1.14 and earlier, and 1.16 beta, and Armed Assault II 1.02 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a VoIP over Network (VON) packet to port 2305 with a negative packet_size value, which triggers a buffer over-read.
- OSVDB ID: 56007: Armed Assault (aka ArmA) Voice Packet Handling Remote Underflow DoS
- SA35900: Armed Assault Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-1951: Armed Assault Format String and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Bohemia Interactive Armed Assault 1.14
- Bohemia Interactive Armed Assault 2 1.02
Jul 18, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.