Hutscripts PHP Website Script msg cross-site scripting
|hutscripts-msg-xss (51912)||Medium Risk|
Hutscripts PHP Website Script is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the feedback.php, index.php and lostpassword.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the msg parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- Packet Storm Web Site: Hutscript suffers from remote SQL injection and cross site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Resalecode Web site: Hutscripts Script.
- CVE-2009-2589: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Hutscripts PHP Website Script allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the msg parameter to (1) feedback.php, (2) index.php, and (3) lostpassword.php.
- OSVDB ID: 56170: Hutscripts PHP Website Script index.php msg Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 56171: Hutscripts PHP Website Script feedback.php msg Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 56172: Hutscripts PHP Website Script lostpassword.php msg Parameter XSS
- SA35893: Hutscripts PHP Website Script Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-1978: Hutscripts SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Resalecode Hutscripts PHP Website Script
Jul 21, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.