ViArt Helpdesk category_id cross-site scripting
|helpdesk-categoryid-xss (52349)||Medium Risk|
ViArt Helpdesk is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the category_id, forum_id or search_category_id parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Packet Storm Web Site: ViArt Helpdesk Remote XSS Vulnerabilities.
- ViArt Web site: PHP Shopping Cart solutions :: shopping software :: ViArt Shop.
- CVE-2009-4548: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in ViArt Helpdesk 3.x allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the category_id parameter to (1) products.php, (2) article.php, (3) product_details.php, or (4) reviews.php; the (5) forum_id parameter to forum.php; or the (6) search_category_id parameter to products_search.php.
- OSVDB ID: 56877: ViArt Helpdesk products.php category_id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 56878: ViArt Helpdesk article.php category_id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 56879: ViArt Helpdesk product_details.php category_id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 56880: ViArt Helpdesk reviews.php category_id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 56881: ViArt Helpdesk forum.php forum_id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 56882: ViArt Helpdesk products_search.php search_category_id Parameter XSS
- SA36240: ViArt Helpdesk Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- ViArt Helpdesk
Aug 07, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.